Professor Stanley Sfekas was born in the United States. After receiving his B.A. in Philosophy and English from the University of Maryland, he went on to obtain both his M.A. and Ph.D. in Philosophy from New York University. His doctoral dissertation is titled The Problem of Individuation in Aristotelian Metaphysics.
Professor Stanley Sfekas has taught in various institutions of higher education including Brooklyn College of the City University of New York, The New York Institute of Technology, George Washington University in Washington D.C., and the American College of Southeastern Europe.
Professor Stanley Sfekas has also published scholarly articles and books and has been a critic for the American Philosophical Association and several international journals. He has been the book critic for the international journal, Philosophical Inquiry. He has also been the educational advisor to the Fulbright Foundation in Greece.
As a public lecturer in the Athenian academic community, Sfekas has delivered over 150 public lectures since 1986 and frequently appeared on Greek television as an academic spokesman.
Apart from his scholarly publications, he has translated, between 1995 and the present, the scripts of seven historical films and 35 archaeological documentaries. He was also the philosophical consultant to various television productions.
Professor Stanley Sfekas appeared in 12 televised episodes of the documentary program From Aristotle to Hawking, a Paul Pissanos Production, speaking on Aristotle and Ancient Greek Cosmology. The series that has been translated and distributed globally was nominated by members of the Academy of Athens for the 2008 Templeton Prize. Professor Sfekas is the translator of the series from Greek into English.
- 1986 “Aristotle’s Principle of Individuation” published inApeiron, Monash University, Australia.
- 1990 “Aristotle on Individuation” published in Deucalion, Athens, Greece.
- 1990 Solicited book review for the American Philosophical Association.
Published in the APANewsletter on Computer Use, Law, Medicine, Teaching.
Volume 89:3, «The Wake of Imagination” by Richard Kearney, University of Minnesota Press, 1989.
- 1991 “Ousia, substratum, and matter.” In: Philosophical inquiry, 13 (1991): 38-47.
- 1992 Book review forPhilosophical Inquiry: International Quarterly of The End of Life: The Case for Euthanasia, by J. Rachels, Oxford University Press
- 1992-1994 Book review editor forPhilosophical Inquiry: International quarterly. Aristotelian University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece.
- 1994 Official translator and philosophical consultant of screenplay for film and international television series: Orpheus and Eurydice starring Oliver Reed, produced by P. Pissanos Co. World Premiere: Nov. 8, 1997, London Film Festival .
- 1995 Adaptation of screenplay (Greek-English) and philosophical consultant for film and television series: The Gods of Olympus, produced by P. Pissanos Co.
- 1996 Adaptation of screenplay (Greek-English) and philosophical consultant for film and television series: Deucalion’s Flood, a Pissanos production.
- 1996 “Aristotle’s Principle of Individuation”, published inDeucalion, edited by Kitsopoulos.
- 1997 Adaptation of screenplay and philosophical consultant for film and television series: Alexander the Great, a Pissanos production.
- 1997 Orpheus and Eurydice by Stanley Sfekas, a book adapted from the film starring Oliver Reed.
- 1998-1999 Adaptation of narrative (Greek-English) and philosophical consultant for a series of archaeological documentaries on Greece for cinematic and television historical productions referred to below under the auspices of the European Union Cultural Commission (Pissanos productions).
- THE ACROPOLIS OF ATHENS
- THE PARTHENON
- THE ACROPOLIS MUSEUM
- THE ANCIENT AGORA
- THE ROMAN AGORA
- THE TEMPLE OF POSEIDON
- THE ISLE OF AEGINA
- THE PARTHENON MARBLES
- THE FIREWALKERS
- THE TOMB OF AGAMMEMNON
- VISITING CORINTH
- ANCIENT OLYMPIA
- THE ORACLE AT DELPHI
- THE DELPHI MUSEUM
- MOUNT OLYMPUS
- A WALKING TOUR OF THE PLAKA
- EARLY GREEK COSMOLOGY 
- FROM ARISTOTLE TO HAWKING 
- EARLY GREEK MATHEMATICS 
- ALEXANDER THE GREAT 
- OLYMPIAD: 448 B.C. 
- 2004: Articles in the periodicalBusiness Partner, published by the American-Hellenic Chamber of Commerce:
- Ethical Guidelines
- Corporate Responsibility
- 2004: Translation of cosmological work “Το Επόμενο Βήμα της Δημιουργίας” by Ioannis Tsatsaris; Epistos Publishing Company: The Next Step of Creation (Greek to English). Submitted to Vantage Press.
- 2004: Translation of “Η Συλλογή του Πορταλάκη” by George Armaos (Greek to English). The Portalakis Collection.
- 2005-2006: Translation of documentary television series: From Aristotle tοHawking; released Fall 2006; 12 episodes of 30 minutes.
- 2006: Translation of the book version of From Aristotle to Hawking. Interviewed on Aristotelian Cosmology in Documentary Series: From Aristotle to Hawking In 12 episodes.
• 2011: The Laws of the Universe in Earthly and Heavenly Life by Paul Pissanos.